By Holland Cooke
- Stations with local talent – characters familiar and visible to and interacting with listeners — are conspicuous, compared to robotic AM/FMs and digital competitors.
- Talk radio is advantaged over music radio. It’s never on-in-the-background. And at its best, it makes the audience the show. People are no longer content to merely consume media. They love selfies.
- Digital media shares SO well. When broadcasters “go viral,” users are evangelizing for us.
- Many stations’ promotional budgets are near-non-existent.
- We need revenue from digital.