By Steve Lapa
Lapcom Communications Corp
Where do you start? Start with real world experience.
Business owners are facing decisions they never anticipated. Stay open, close short term, borrow, fold, or change?
Everyone can use “expert” advice.
As you begin down a “new business” path remember:
- Cold calling in this environment could be unwelcome.
- Work your contacts/network first.
- Creative messaging should be toned.
- Make sure your “expert” advertiser is ready to “E-Meet” with any leads via video, email, and phone.
Some starting points to help stimulate your thinking:
- Legal-Employment issues
- Legal-Estate Planning
- Legal-Tax Law
- Financial-New rules on loans
- Financial-New Tax Guidelines
- General Businesses-Modified business operations (revised hours, heightened sanitized protocol, delivery timing).
Numbers and Concept
Careful when and how you integrate numbers showing “radio listening is UP!” Media consumption is UP almost everywhere. Be cautious of falling into the “us vs. them” trap.
Go with the CONCEPT: News/talk radio listening is up. People want to feel connected, provided with up-to-the-minute information and news/talk radio is a go-to source in every crisis.
Perception vs. Reality
Fewer cars on the road means fewer listeners.
The reality is we are listening in different places. The new gym location is at home, ear buds still tuned in. Home office may include a smart speaker that responds to your command. People staying close to home are walking more, smartphone in hand-tuned in. We listen, just in different places.
Selling is a dynamic process that is refined with every call.
Steve Lapa is the president of Lapcom Communications Corp. based in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Lapcom is a media sales, marketing, and development consultancy. Contact Steve Lapa via email at: Steve@Lapcomventures.com